Friday, August 24, 2012

A Software Engineer's Agony

I start my day by sitting on a chair,
giving my monitor a hard,cold stare,
       
By evening I'm done with another coding,
Oh! this has become a routine so boring.
       
Like all, i entered this field with great hope,
jobs were many and there was plenty of scope,
       
Dreams of joining the likes of Gates,
and a chance to make money in the states.
       
Thus, i entered the world of bytes,
only to realize that reality bites,
       
Coz a programmer's life, isn't all that cozy,
the bed of software, isn't all that rosy.
       
Seeing the monitor all day n night,
have taken the power of my eyesight,
       
Working holidays, busy weekends,
no time for family, no time for friends,
       
My job steals most of my time,
helplessly, i watch this crime.
       
just for few bits of money,
I forego those moments with my honey,
       
When i should be out - having fun,
I'm telling a comp, what's to be done.
       
I hate u, yet i cant get away,
coz, i need the money u pay,
       
God, to thee i pray,
if there be one - show me the way     

No comments:

Post a Comment